Monday, May 23, 2011

Dammit Darlene!

You can get away with anything in a floral frock.
Makes a girl look like a nice, sweet thing from a country town who works part-time in the local library.
But if that frock should be from the early 1960s and cut tight around the knees with a bit of a cape, well, there's gonna be hell to pay.
Say hi to Darlene, an oh-so-innocent cotton summer frock.




Darlene loves turning up empty-handed at picnics, goes to the best Tupperware parties in town and never buys a thing, always forgets her lunch money and doesn't mind at all if some one nice from the library wants to spot her lunch.  Or a tenner for that matter.


Darlene is also a wee bit of a fibber.  Just little ones mind you.  She's just the type to force a gal to take the last cookie out of the jar, leave just before it's her round to make an urgent nail appointment, only to give her admirers a goodbye wiggle out the door.


Of course all is forgiven, thanks to Darlene's charms.



From all angles, Darlene has a lot to offer a girl.



This lovely little frock was a gift from the kind and generous Cry of Thru My Mind's Eye.
I've called her Darlene and there's no going back after the reactions from the public at large when I wore her two days in a row.
I kid you not, I saw a fella sitting outside a cafe drinking coffee and he missed his mouth.  
Oh dear.
I blame Darlene.



Who me?



Thank you so much Cry for this wonderful gift. 
Darlene will always have a loving home:).
Desiree xo

16 comments:

  1. great dress! Love the back bit on it, don't know what it's called though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh This must be the best dress ever, my dear Desiree.
    How I would love to have that coffee with you. I keep my fingers crossed and hope that one day I travel the world visiting and hagging my dearest friends.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Darlene is a beauty, check out her behind, what a babe. I'm not surprised that coffee drinking guy missed his mouth, you look so hot in that frock. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Darlene you and Desiree just look so gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps Miss 4.5 just saw you and said theres that lady DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene is darling on you and what a little minx she is.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and the formidable Darline are a PERFECT fit! This is perfect on you!!! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it was ment to be yours!
    you of course look stunning in it!
    love them green shoes and all the accessories that you put with her.
    I just want to say Thank You for posting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL- secret cape! I love Darlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlene is all minx - demure in the front, sex bomb in the back with all that naughty sheer drapery.

    Bless Coffee Man's no doubt somewhat scalded chin - if he can't handle a hot drink he sure as hell can't handle a hot dame LMAO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may have been Darlene who turned his head but it was you inside it that made him miss his mouth you are stunning you remind me of Marylin Monroe. You wear vintage with such style, beauty and grace. Love the blue hat with the greens and oranges its a great combination. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg dARLENE IS THE BEST FROCK EVER! aND YOU HAVE STYLED HER TO FRICKIN PERFECTION!!!

    Oops sorry about caps lock but I kinda feel like yelling about this frock so I'm not changing it!

    FABULOUS DESIREE!!!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darlene is fabulous, just like you. The colours you've put together are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah that dress is amazing! You lucky duck! I love a good cabbage rose, too.

    ReplyDelete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...