Friday, September 17, 2010

And It's Gold! - DAY 30

Well it's actually more than 30 days since I made my pledge to Stop Buying More Shit! so I feel in an extra-celebratory Friday-mood.
I've decided a golden treat is in order for us all.
I can't resist a bit of a ruffle.






You may have seen this 1980s Studibaker Hawk dress hanging out in the background in some my kitchen outfit posts, where the dress has a permanent home with its lovely little sister that I featured on Day 8 of my pledge.
SH's 80s party dresses are pretty hard to come by these days and I pounced on this golden number at my local Aid for the Blind thrift store a couple of years ago on a half=price day.
Which meant shelling out just $20! *swoon*
Almost every female who enters my house leaps upon it and starts making strange gurgling noises;).
So I thought all you lovelies out there might like to start your weekend on a top note with some party dress-ups.
Enjoy your weekend and tell a friend you love them. xoxo







16 comments:

  1. I heart it,and I want it at once if not sooner.
    All these weeks I have seen it hanging in the back groung, but now,that you are wearing it, is really in all its splendor.
    To say that I love it is an understatement.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you in this dress? Its perfect!! Im a ruffle lover too...the colors are so pretty on you!! COngrats on your challenge....woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too beautiful this dress and tie gave a very charming touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love it! And the bow tie makes it look even more beautiful <3

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning in that dress, I'd look like a 1980's Madonna wannabe. Love the styling and am ultra impressed with your challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. *gurgle gurgle*
    they just don't make 'em like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS DRESS IS AWESOME- and I mean that in the awe-inspiring way. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that dress!!! Thanks for shareing. If I knew where you lived, was your size I would beg to try that on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I'm amazed! that's such a beautiful and stunning dress..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HEY GIRL!!!

    Check out the post I did today...you got an award :)

    xo,
    Jenna
    http://sevenstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    P.S.
    LOVE THIS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god I am dying. This is amazing. I am such a sucker for ruffles its unbelievable.

    You look fantastic!
    XOXO.

    www.styleactivist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please tell me you went out! You can't stay home in a dress like that!

    Awesome,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god - this is fantastic! That's all I have to say.

    xo Marissa
    (The Well-Appointed Catwalk)

    ReplyDelete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...