Sunday, June 13, 2010

To market, to market ...

I know, I know, I know I ranted about how slack the markets in Brisneyland are becoming but I'll never really give them up.
Today's Sunday markets were yet another disappointment so I guess I'll just have to wait for the Finders Keeper Markets on June 26-27.
I can't wait! It will be my first visit but they're the launchpad for many emerging, local designers.

Meanwhile, my vintage black silk kimono is just the thing for our climate - fantastic for layering and so incredibly comfortable!
I bought it from eBay a couple of weeks ago for $10 and it's so old that some of the purple and grey silk lining has torn with age. I remembered some beautiful aged-gold silk I'd hoarded away for a while - the result of a failed shirt refashion. I have started painstakingly hand-sewing the gold onto the lining to cover the rips - tiny stitches, but quite a meditative task.

So out came the kimono again today for the chilly Chandler Markets.

Oh yeah - and I changed my hair back to blonde. I've been a redhead since January and I felt I needed another change due to my super-short attention span - pathetic. I'm getting used to being blond again although pink still beckons - we'll see;).


What I'm wearing: Cheap Monday jeans, grey sheer top - Babooshka Boutique, tiger-print silk shirt - Pretty Much New, DIY leather fingerless gloves, various vintage brooches, 1950s sunglasses.



1 comment:

  1. Wow i love your look! Looks so effortless and chic! I am so inspired by your confidence and the way you carry yourself! Good one

    ReplyDelete

Just do it ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...